Saturday, December 01, 2007

The start of the holiday season...

Yesterday was my last day at the playschool before the big holidays of six weeks. A boy had his birthday party. After receiving lots of presents from all the kids and having to point out the boy or girl it was from, he blew the candles of his "Madagascar" cake. Kids here always get beautifully decorated rectangular cakes with a Princess or a Fairy or any kind of movie scene on it. This decoration is made out of custard, sugar or marzipan. The cake itself is a very plain biscuit. The kids enjoyed themselves playing; I talked to Brenda and Jessica, the two girls working with me at the school. Parents came to pick up their children at 10:30 already, since the school closed early before the holidays. I must admit that I was a bit sad when I left. I like being with all these kids, watching them play, doing play tough with them or puzzles, helping them to eat their lunch, making them feel better when they cry, hearing their stories...
I drove to a shopping centre where Martin guessed they could help us with our computer problem. Our laptop hadn’t been working anymore for a few days because it wouldn't charge anymore. There was no contact from the cable to the computer. I left it at the shop to have it tested and drove to the gym to do some cycling. Fortunately they were able to figure out the problem, I had to buy a new power supply unit and drove back home to Martin.
He had been studying all day for his upcoming exams next week Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. He was glad that I came back with the fixed computer, since he has exam questions and mock exams on it that are extremely useful for his studies. While he went through them, I started with the Christmas decoration. I had chosen red and golden balls, stars and cones, which I hang on our broad window in the living room. Finally we get a bit of a Christmassy feeling in our apartment...

No comments: