Sunday, April 20, 2008

Cape Town continues...

On Tuesday morning Hanns and I drove in the morning and our first stop was town, where he had to attend a meeting, whereas I had some time to look around St. Georges Mall and Green Market Square. This is the center of Cape Town. It's a pedestrian shopping mile and has lots of shops and little stalls. When Hanns was finished he picked me up and we headed towards Stellenbosch. There we met Kirsten and explored the campus where she had been studdying for the last one and a half years. The University is huge, there are nice allies and students everywhere. There is a place with various take away shops and plenty of tables in the middle, where students were chatting, having coffee, working and we joined them with sushi and a lovely vegetable wrap. When Gail came home from work that evening Hanns proposed that we go out for supper to a Chinese place, since the power was going to be of and this restaurant had a generator.
On Wednesday morning Hanns took me to Claudia's house. (Claudia Utermark was my first hostmum in Cape Town.) I had a relaxed afternoon there, read my interesting book next to the beautiful pool huged by old trees. On Thursday Claudia woke me up early in the morning to go for a walk. We drove to Constantia and hiked up Cecilia Forest and ran down an other trail. After that walk I felt great! It is such a good way to start your day and an hours hike every morning just changes your lifestyle by so much. We rushed back, because our plans were to go to yoga, which we made just in time. It was my first time doing yoga and eventhough it is quite difficult to get the balance right and one has to be quite flexible it is so relaxing and one gets to focus on every single part of the body and on one's breath. Despite of my muscles which aren't really used to the kinds of sports I made them do and were thus complaining a bit we went hiking the next morning again. At two we went to Springfield Girls High, where I used to go to. The Matrics had a fashion show of their Matric Dance dresses. Alex had one of the beautiful girls!
The Saturday was a quiet day and towards the evening I said good-bye to the Utermarks when Bohles came to pick me up. I spent another night with them. In the morning we visited Kirsten at the toyshop where she work over the weekends and Gail and me had some coffe at a nice coffee shop. I get along so well with her. At around lunch time she droped me of at Tarryn's house. She and Rebecca, who joined us a bit later, where very close friends. It's so nice be be able to come back after so many years, where we didn't have a lot of contact, or to be precise non at all, and have so many things to talk about and be as close as if no time had passed since I last saw them. They are doing different things, know different people but they are still the same people and haven't changed a bit.
Later that afternoon I went to Fionas house. It's so nice how her parents always make me feel so welcome and confortable in their home, like part of their family. Fiona and I went to have some tea, chatted, the four of us went out for some lovely pizza at a stunning place and after that we carried on chatting. We get along so well and we could talk for hours... But now I better go to sleep. I have to get up at 6 tomorrow morning. I am going to University with Fiona from 8 till 5. I think it's gonna be quite an exciting day and I look forward to get an insight into a South African University... Good night... sleep well.

No comments: