Monday, April 14, 2008

Cape Town

Since Friday I have now been in Cape Town. The night before I left we had our friends Ian and Linzi and their daughter Nicole for supper. I prepared a Greek starter, then everyone made their own little pizza with the ingredients they wished to put on and to round of the evening we had a big choccolate tart!
I was meant to leave Mosselbay by bus at one o'clock, but the bus had a lot of delay and i ended up waving Martin good-bye only at 5. At midnight Hanns Bohle, my hostdad from my exchange year, came to pick me up in town and took me home where I fell asleep in my old room, which hadn't changed at all soon after. On Saturday Gail, my hostmum, and I went for tea to a friend of hers. The drive was amazing. We took Chapmans Peak drive and had a beautiful view of Kommetjie. That's a broad white beach. In the afternoon my hostsister Kirsten came back from Stellenbosch, where she studdies and we all went for supper at a nice Italian restaurant in Hout Bay. We had a good family time. On Sunday we went for a drive the other direction. It was a sunny warm day and we drove along the coastline till Blouberg, where we enjoyed some lovely cake and tea. Their family tradition is to always see their best friends for supper every Sunday. As I was able to be with them I made some tomato bread for starter with cherry tomatoes, mozzarella and olives and I prepared an apple strudel for pudding. Hanns made a mouth-watering mushroom risotto as the main meal. We sat for quite long chatting and I felt really welcome. Today was a relaxing day. I read, enjoyed the sun and got a long phone call from my godmother Beatrix. It was so nice to talk to her.
This was now all about me and I feel a bit bad about that. I would have loved to have Martin with me on this trip, get him to meet my hostfamilies and friends and share Cape Town with him. But he is so close to his Commercial Pilots Licence now, that he doesn't want to miss any sunny day and wants to get the most out of the remaining days. Time really flies and we can't believe that we will be back in Switzerland in two month time.

No comments: