Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Cessnas and Strawberries

Today we drove down to Mosselbay to get the "Papa Papa Delta". This is the airplane that Martin had to leave there on Saturday. The plane is actually called PPD, but in the radio alphabeth, which I find really funny, one sais the letters this way... While Martin checked the plane from outside, I climbed into a little cessna for my first time. I was surprised how small it actually is in there. The seats are so close together that you tough each others while sitting there. It was such a cool feeling to sit in there for the first time. Martin who had been checking the wings suddenly shouted: "You must come and see this. Things like that could only happen in Africa!" I couldn't believe it; there was a perfect birds nest in the engine! After all the checks outside, Martin climbed in, did a few checks there before he taxied to the runway and took off! I really can't wait to go with him. I drove of with our beautiful BMW.
Before getting to work I went to the post office in Klein Brak and we have a post box now, so if you wish to send us a letter just add P.O. Box 180 to the address:
Martin Mailänder, Marianne Trachsel
Casa Grande 9
Impala Weg
Reebok
P.O. Box 180
Klein Brakrivier
Mosselbay
South Africa
On the way to fetch Martin in the evening, I stopped at a strawberry farm. These little fruits look so delicious and as all the other vegetables here in South Africa, they taste great!

No comments: