Monday, October 01, 2007

Our first "working" day...

Our first "working" day is over. We are quite satisfied with ourselves. Martin could fly once this morning and had a lot of time to study for a test he is going to write tomorrow. He will start his commercial pilot lectures in two weeks time.
Unfortunately I still don't have my mobile phone, so he couldn't call me and tell me that he has already finished at 10 o'clock.
After I had dropped Martin off at the college, I drove to the playschool in Heatherlands. Because I didn't find it at first, I drove around and could get a picture of the surrounding area. It's quite upmarket with nice locked-up villas. The playschool serves the needs of the mothers living in these houses. They don't work and mostly have a nanny but drop their kids off at playschool in the mornings, while they go shopping or go to gym.
Marianne Franklin, the woman in charge of the school is a really kind lady, as are the two women working with her. There are 24 kids aged between 2 and 4 years. At the moment, they are learning little sentences and songs for a christmas play. Since the school holidays start on the 1st of December they will do this play a bit before Christmas.
Had I known that Martin was already waiting for me when I left the playschool just after 12, I would have gone to fetch him. Instead I rushed to the Garden Route Mall intending to get my phone, which wasn't there...
We had a good first day, are quite tired though and are looking forward to a good nights sleep. As there is no heating in our apartment, no isolation and the weather still quite chilly, we are a bit cold. We are looking forward to the summer when the weather is better and Martin can also fly a bit more...

No comments: